We guarantee to be completely open and honest about our charges and believe that we offer an unparalleled level of service and excellent value for Wrexham and the surrounding areas. Our small size and low overheads mean that we do not have to pass on any unnecessary charges to you.
We always provide a full itemised estimate of the funeral costs showing our charges and the third party (disbursement) costs paid on your behalf e.g. crematorium, cemetery, minister etc.
The price of our funerals is made up of five main parts as shown below.
1. BRINGING THE DECEASED INTO OUR CAREProvision of the vehicle and staff to bring the deceased into our care from a local address with up to 20 running miles included:
During office hours (Monday – Friday 9am to 5pm excluding Bank Holidays) £85
- Provision of a Mercedes hearse for the funeral £165
- Provision of a six/seven seater Mercedes limousine £130
- Horse drawn hearse from £850
- Motorcycle hearse £895
- Welsh themed hearse £250
- Land Rover hearse £895
- Morris Minor hearse, Fire Engine hearse, VW Camper hearse P.O.A.
- Pentrebychan Crematorium for cremation of adult with use of the chapel for up to 30 minutes (time to include for mourners entering and leaving the chapel) £742
- Pentrebychan Crematorium for 30 minutes extended use of the chapel (60 minutes total) £155
- Pentrebychan Crematorium for being present at the scattering of cremated remains £41
- Organist at Pentrebychan Crematorium for a service up to 30 minutes £40 / up to 60 minutes £60
- Doctor’s fee for completion of the statutory medical certificates for cremation (not required if the coroner issues the certificate) £82
- Wrexham Cemetery for the purchase of an adult grave for up to three burials £953
- Wrexham Cemetery for opening a new or existing adult grave for three burials £953
- Wrexham Cemetery for opening a new or existing adult grave for two burials £922
- Wrexham Cemetery for opening a new or existing adult grave for one burial £739.50
- Minister’s fee (Church in Wales) for officiating at a service £96 – £101
- Catholic Priest or Deacon’s fee for officiating at a service £100
- Civil Celebrant/Non-religious Officiant for leading a service £150 – £195
- Service at a Church in Wales Wrexham Mission Area Church including Minister and organist £334 (St. Giles’ Parish Church £344)
- Burial of an adult in a Church in Wales Churchyard (New/existing graves) including gravedigging £782/£767
- Burial of cremated remains in a Church in Wales Churchyard (New and existing graves) including gravedigging £246
- Service at a Catholic Church in Wrexham including Priest/Deacon and organist £275
- Flintshire (Northop) Crematorium for cremation of adult with use of the chapel for up to 40 minutes (time to include for mourners entering and leaving the chapel) Monday- Friday services 9-00am and 10-00am £775, 11-00am – 4-00pm £875 / Saturday services 9-00am – 11-00am £1,250
- Flintshire (Northop) Crematorium additional for 50 minutes extended use of the chapel (90 minutes total) Monday-Friday £120 / Saturday £200
- Organist at Flintshire (Northop) Crematorium for a service up to 40 minutes £50
- Chester Crematorium for cremation of adult resident with use of the chapel for up to 30 minutes (time to include for mourners entering and leaving the chapel) £869.25
- Chester Crematorium for cremation of adult non-resident with use of the chapel for up to 30 minutes (time to include for mourners entering and leaving the chapel) £956
- Chester Crematorium for 40 minutes extended use of the chapel (70 minutes total) £111.50
- Organist at Chester Crematorium for a service up to 30 minutes £50
- Minister’s fee (Church of England) for officiating at a service £199 plus approximately £20 travelling expenses
- During office hours £95
- Outside of office hours £160
- Floral hearse £160
- Funerals carried out on a Saturday £240
- Cost per half hour per vehicle £25
- Arranging and attending the interment of cremated remains locally £60
- Temporary grave marker- 4’ wooden cross with engraved plaque £60
- Dove release from £100
- Photograph visual presentation from £40
- Audio video recording of the funeral service (Where permitted) from £280
- Memorial Service Leaflets – For 25 A5 black and white on four pages from £40. For 50 A5 with colour image on four pages from £96
- Provision of the funeral director’s services
- Meeting with you at our office during normal hours to discuss arrangements and complete forms. This can be done by phone and email or post if preferred
- Liaising with the crematorium or burial ground and minister/celebrant to make the necessary arrangements
- Bringing the deceased into our care from an address within 10 miles during normal office hours*
- Provision of a wood effect coffin suitable for the purpose of cremation or burial
- Care of the deceased prior to the funeral with visits to the chapel of rest during office hours
- Provision of a hearse with driver, bearers if required and funeral director to Pentrebychan Crematorium or local cemetery
- Visiting the deceased in our chapel of rest outside of office hours
- Provision of a limousine
- Provision of our bearers
- Administration of donations
- Any fees or third party (disbursement) costs payable on the client’s behalf
Outside of office hours £145
Additional mileage charged at £1 per mile.
2. OUR PROFESSIONAL SERVICES £995Our staff are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to respond to your initial call.
Our services include:
Care of the deceased until the time of the funeral with visits to the chapel of rest as requested.
The funeral arranger/director meeting with you either at our office or in your own home to discuss your requirements and put in place all arrangements for the funeral, assisting with the completion of all statutory documentation and advice on certification and registration, ensuring all necessary documentation is obtained and delivered to the required authority.
Liaising with crematoria, burial authorities, clergy, celebrants, organists and other venues in order to organise the funeral date and time.
Administering payment of the third party (disbursement) costs on your behalf.
The ordering and/or handling of floral tributes.
Writing and placing funeral notices in local and national newspapers.
Drafting and organising printed memorial leaflets.
The collection and administering of charitable donations.
Providing the services of the funeral director to co-ordinate and direct the funeral, with bearers if required and the necessary support staff and equipment.
HYGIENIC TREATMENT (EMBALMING) OF THE DECEASED £85In the interest of the best presentation and preservation of the deceased, we carry out hygienic treatment if the deceased is to be visited. We also usually require that this is carried out if the deceased is to be dressed in their own clothes without visiting or if there is a delay between death and the funeral taking place. Please advise if you do not wish us to carry out hygienic treatment.
3. YOUR CHOICE OF COFFIN OR CASKETPlease choose from our accompanying selection. All coffins are supplied lined and you have the choice between a gown and coordinating trim or, when the deceased is to be dressed in their own clothes, a satin coffin suite. Environmentally friendly coffins usually have a calico lining.
4. FUNERAL VEHICLES
ALTERNATIVE VEHICLE OPTION
5. PAYMENTS MADE ON YOUR BEHALF SUCH AS CREMATION, BURIAL AND OFFICIANT’S FEESThese are also known as ‘third party’ or ‘disbursement’ costs. We usually pay these on your behalf and include them on our invoice. There are many variations in the fees between different crematoria, cemeteries, churches, ministers and so on, making it impractical to list them all here. But as a guide and overview, the most commonly occurring third party costs are:
A deposit covering all third party costs is required prior to the funeral taking place. Seven days following the funeral an invoice will be issued for the remaining balance, which must be paid within three months of the funeral taking place. This does not apply to the All Inclusive Traditional Funeral Package, which requires a deposit of £1,250 prior to the funeral taking place, and the remaining balance of £1,615 to be paid within one month. The Simplicity Funeral Service and Direct Cremation must be paid in full prior to the funeral taking place.
AN EXAMPLE FUNERAL COST AND SETTLING YOUR ACCOUNTOur fees, including collection of the deceased from a local address during office hours, care until the day of the funeral including embalming and visits to the chapel of rest, provision of the ‘York’ coffin for cremation, plus the hearse and one limousine £1,755.
Approximate third party (disbursement) costs for Doctor’s fees for completion of the medical certificate for cremation, Pentrebychan Crematorium fee, Minister’s fee for conducting the service at the crematorium and organist’s fee £965.
Total approximate costs £2,720.
The third party (disbursement) costs of £965 are payable prior to the funeral taking place.
An invoice for our charges of £1,755 will be sent approximately seven days after the funeral and we kindly request this is settled within three months of the funeral taking place.
ADDITIONAL SERVICESConveyance of deceased/coffin to church or home prior to the funeral:-
SIMPLICITY FUNERAL SERVICEWe can offer our simplicity funeral service to a specification as follows:
*Add £60 if the deceased is brought into our care outside of office hours