We guarantee to be completely open and honest about our charges and believe that we offer an unparalleled level of service and excellent value for Wrexham and the surrounding areas. Our small size and low overheads mean that we do not have to pass on any unnecessary charges to you.
An estimate of the costs will always be given.
The price of our funerals consists of five main parts as shown below.
1. BRINGING THE DECEASED INTO OUR CAREProvision of the vehicle and staff to bring the deceased into our care from a local address with up to 20 running miles included:
During office hours £85
Outside of office hours £145
Additional mileage charged at £1 per mile.
2. OUR PROFESSIONAL SERVICES £995Our staff are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to respond to your initial call.
Our services include:
Care of the deceased until the time of the funeral with visits to the Chapel of Rest as requested.
The funeral arranger/director meeting with you either at our office or in your own home to discuss your requirements and put in place all arrangements for the funeral, assisting with the completion of all statutory documentation and advice on certification and registration, ensuring all necessary documentation is obtained and delivered to the required authority.
Liaising with crematoria, burial authorities, clergy, celebrants, organists and other venues in order to organise the funeral date and time.
Administering the payment of disbursements (third party costs) on your behalf.
The ordering and/or handling of floral tributes.
Writing and placing funeral notices in local and national newspapers.
Drafting and organising printed memorial leaflets.
The receipt and administering of charitable donations.
Providing the services of the funeral director to co-ordinate and direct the funeral, with bearers if required and the necessary support staff and equipment.
HYGIENIC TREATMENT (EMBALMING) OF THE DECEASED £85In the interest of the best presentation and preservation of the deceased, we carry out hygienic treatment if the deceased is to be visited. We also usually require that this is carried out if the deceased is to be dressed in their own clothes without visiting or if there is a delay between death and the funeral taking place.
Please advise if you do not wish us to carry out hygienic treatment.
3. YOUR CHOICE OF COFFIN OR CASKETPlease choose from our accompanying selection. All coffins are supplied lined and you have the choice between a gown and coordinating trim or, when the deceased is to be dressed in their own clothes, a satin coffin suite.
Environmentally friendly coffins usually have a calico lining.
4. FUNERAL VEHICLES
- Provision of a Mercedes Hearse for the funeral £165
- Provision of a six/seven seater Mercedes Limousine £130
ALTERNATIVE VEHICLE OPTION
- Horse Drawn Hearse from £850
- Motor Cycle Hearse £895
- Welsh Themed Hearse £250
- Land Rover Hearse £895
- Morris Minor Hearse, Fire Engine Hearse, VW Camper Hearse P.O.A.
5. PAYMENTS MADE ON YOUR BEHALF SUCH AS CREMATION, BURIAL AND OFFICIANT’S FEESThese are also known as ‘third party’ or ‘disbursement’ costs. We usually pay these on your behalf and include them on our invoice.
We respectfully draw your attention to our requirement that the disbursement costs are paid to us prior to the funeral taking place.
AN EXAMPLE FUNERAL COST AND SETTLING YOUR ACCOUNTOur fees, including collection of the deceased from a local address during office hours, care until the day of the funeral including embalming and visits to the Chapel of Rest, provision of the ‘York’ coffin for cremation, plus the hearse and one limousine £1,755.
Approximate disbursement costs for Doctor’s Fees for completion of the cremation forms, Pentrebychan Crematorium Fee, Minister’s fee for conducting the service at the crematorium and Organist’s fee £1,030.
Total approximate costs £2,785
The disbursement costs of £1,030 are payable prior to the funeral taking place.
An invoice for our charges of £1,755 will be sent approximately seven days after the funeral and we kindly request this is settled within 90 days of the funeral taking place.
ADDITIONAL SERVICESConveyance of Deceased/Coffin to Church or home prior to the funeral:-
- During office hours £95
- Outside of office hours £160
- Floral Hearse £160
- Funerals carried out on a Saturday £240
- Cost per half hour per vehicle £25
- Arranging and attending the interment of cremated remains locally £60
- Temporary grave marker- 4’ wooden cross with engraved plaque £55
- Dove Release From £100
- Photograph projection /visual presentation from £110
- Audio video recording of the funeral service (Where permitted) from £280
- Memorial Service Leaflets – For 25 A5 black and white on four pages from £40.
For 50 A5 with colour image on four pages from £96
SIMPLICITY FUNERAL SERVICEWe can offer our simplicity funeral service to a specification as follows:-
- Provision of the Funeral Director’s services
- Meeting with you at our office during normal hours to discuss arrangements and complete forms
- Liaising with the crematorium and minister/celebrant to make the necessary arrangements
- Conveying the deceased from a local address during normal office hours to our premises with up to 10 running miles allowed
- Provision of a wood effect coffin suitable for the purpose of cremation or burial
- Care of the deceased prior to the funeral with visits to the chapel of rest during office hours
- Provision of a hearse with driver and Funeral Director to Pentrebychan Crematorium or a local cemetery
- Visiting the deceased in our chapel of rest outside of office hours
- Provision of a limousine
- Provision of our bearers
- Administration of donations
- Any fees or disbursements payable on the client’s behalf
Payment for this funeral service is required IN FULL prior to the funeral taking place.